Monday, August 2, 2010

Otherwise, it's all very wise

I long perspire,
with an unending desire,
to be a millionaire
with all the pomp and fanfare.

But, isn't it filthy
just getting old and wealthy?

I have a fad to dress fashionable,
low waist jeans of all brand label,
mufflers around the neck
costing a hefty cheque.

But, aren't these external charms
like needless traffic jams?

I love to court a pretty girl,
take her around,
two of us, on a merry-go-round,
with chocolates and flowers
for the love of ours.

But, will we grow older
together,
forever and ever
or never?

On a lighter note,
shamelessly here I quote;

I swear every morning after
to see the sun early,
jog merrily,
and follow it regularly.
Exercising the legs,
bending the backs,
somehow, this idea drags.

I have a yearning to cook,
by hook or crook,
or all by the book.
Thus far, kitchen has been a place
with often eggs on my face.

I religiously plan the night before
to clean the room and wipe the floor,
only I think more and more,
ending up enjoying a long snore.

Thus, I opine
Otherwise, it's all very wise.

Copyright © 02 Aug 2010, by Abhilash Hegde
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hehe...nice one,especially 'kitchen has been a place
with often eggs on my face.'

Anonymous said...

lol! =D nice one anna...i very much agree with your quotes... =)