Thursday, March 31, 2011

White Striped Pyjamas

Sticky with sweat
all around this life.

White striped pyjamas
my only solace.

They are loose
comfortable and easy
to wear.

Can tighten them
around the waist,
and slip into them
in a haste.

It has a drawstring,
feels like a tight rope of hope
yet slippery
and may choke.

It keeps life simple.
Devoid of creases
if well kept
and it may itch
when not washed.

I keep them safe
down my wardrobe,
when in need
I look at them
and heed.

I hate to borrow
or lend my pair of pyjamas.

Bed time, lifetime
Be it anytime
you need a pair of these
to remind you of ease.

Copyright © 01 Apr 2011, by Abhilash Hegde
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lol...nice one!
where did u get this idea of writin a poem on pyjamas? hehe...hilarious!

quizmaster said...

best part...Copyright © 01 Apr 2011...copyrighted on April Fool's day... :)