Sunday, April 21, 2013

Silent Nights

I often stood by the window sill
and awaited till the moon
mirrored her lynching eyes.

The road down the street
always wore the color of black pearl
that she dearly wished for.

The cold breeze from far north
often smelled of her cushy suave skin
that bosomed my crave
for her beguiling charms.

The hush night always hummed to me
in a dulcet voice,
resounding the words
that she lent meaning to.

The raindrops often smothered
my pale cheeks
and coursed down my lips
rinsing her tantalizing presence
until I surrendered all of me.

The pages of the dairy
that lay unopened
are the only stack of aging papers
that 'll stay alive to
recite the tale of silent nights
in a deluge of
broken words and incomplete sentences.

Copyright © 23 Sep 2008, by Abhilash Hegde
All Rights Reserved

No comments: