Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Divide



The world hailed us with panache,
When the Golden Bird soared high.
Wings flapped with
Unity,Prosperity and Wealth.
And today, our heads hang in shame
As I see those seeds of divide
Still fuelled and unleashed...



I'm Ram and He is Rahim.
Aren't We the same humans
Who bred from a single cosmic boom?
Then why this prejudice?


I'm Saffron and He is Green.
When swords were drawn
And throats were slit.
There was one hue,Red
That inked our history...


I recite the holy Bhagwad gita
And He recites the holy Quraan.
When the verses of it we hymned,
Didn't it echo the voice of humanity?


I smelt the same as He did,
I'm casted in the same flesh as He is.
I breathe to live, so does He.
I quench my thirst with water
And so does he.
The mother Nature
Doesn't halve its love for us.
But we are fanatically bent to mark our boundaries.
Ah! What a irony it is...


Time has left its stabbing imprints,
And we have turned our back against it.
The eyes that cried
And the hearts that bled
Have dried in fears.
Come Let's incessantly sow the seeds of divide,
To spawn the tombs of animosity,
And the world will hail us with panache again...



Copyright © 23 Jan 2007 , by Abhilash Hegde
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Vishal Kumar said...

the way u have presented...abs superb!!

Mudhoora said...

"I'm Saffron and He is Green.
When swords were drawn
And throats were slit.
There was one hue,Red
That inked our history..."

nice way of shading light on d dark.......for d white.[:)]