Monday, June 14, 2010

The Haircut and the shave

I wore long hair
Sporting a rugged beard.
Hesitant was I
To get rid of my possessions.

They grew longer
By the day
And formed curls.
Just the way
Our mind refuses
And intertwines
When they aren't
Pruned of stagnancy.

Window panes,
Through them I see,
The Mammoth structure
Being built aesthetically
Of marbles,cement and glass.
The land was once,
Home to long grown
Stubborn weeds,
Smooth,Untrimmed grasses.
They spoke a familiar
Language;
The tales of
Nights,days,air and blues.

And now
I can't read;
Essays of Stone heights.
I wondered
Did The land
smelled fine now?

I heard a call;
The land
That once enjoyed
Wild pastures.

"I also wore
Those old and torn delights.
Now I dream of change.
Was I bolshy of my possessions
I Would Still
Have been a mirage
Of unknown glories."

I walked down the door,
Down to the barber;
The Haircut and the Shave.

Copyright © 10 Jul 2007, by Abhilash Hegde
All Rights Reserved

No comments: